- More About TRUE
At TRUE Health and Wholeness, our holistic approach to health and fitness has helped us developed multiple programs to improve your fitness. We offer sprint and run coaching to help you achieve your goals on race day, on the pavement on at the track. We serve Arlington, Alexandria, Shirlington, Ballston, Crystal City, Park Fairfax, Fairlington, Del Ray, Old Town, Falls Church, Fairfax, and the greater Washington DC Metro area.
Susan is a superwoman of a running coach! I have been running since high school sports but Susan helped me correct my form and gave me a very organized training schedule for the MCM. She is not only motivating, she practices what she preaches and is a true athlete. She's right there with you in the pouring rain and 100 degree days. I would very highly recommend Susan Colarco as a running coach to both new and experienced runners.
Run & Sprint Coaching
Love to run, but don't like going solo? Could you use some coaching or accountability? Have a particular race you'd like to train for? Want to run faster?
If you answered "yes" to any of those questions, consider a running coach.
Our run-coaching program is designed for people who have specific running goals and who could use some extra guidance to get there. Whether it's for long distance or sprinting, our Run Coaches will help design a personal plan based on your goals and guide you through the steps to execute it.
- Picking and setting realistic (but challenging) goals
- Managing distance, as well as potentially incorporating hills and sprints
- Running form (including video gait analysis)
- Email support on issues ranging from what clothes, shoes and other gear to wear; what to eat; how to manage hydration and changes in weather, etc.
- Pacing, fueling with proper nutrition, and injury prevention
- Coaching you through any setbacks
- ...and more!
The Race Training Plan is your opportunity to have a certified and experienced running coach guide you to (and through) the distance race of your choice. The plan includes:
- One in-person strategy/assessment session
- A comprehensive weekly mileage plan designed to meet your specific schedule and training needs including nutrition, running gear, and injury prevention
- A follow-up, halfway point, in-person check-up as well as tips sent directly to you throughout the course of your training program
- A pre-race phone consultation for any last minute questions you may have
Sprinting is a very different form of exercise than the longer, more endurance-based runs. It is an intense, total body workout and can be a great compliment to strength training or other forms of exercise, but because it is so intense, having someone coach you through how to improve your speed safely can be an invaluable investment.
The Sprint Training Plan is your opportunity to have a speed expert talk you through warm up, form and mechanics for speed, agility and quickness exercises, as well as the most effective strength and power training exercises for better athletic performance. The program includes:
- 90 minute initial intake and assessment
- 1 month program design using our Online Personal Training program
- Access to your coach via phone and email
Get to Know Our Running Coaches