- More About TRUE
At TRUE Health and Wholeness, a great workout is just the beginning. You will find almost anything you are looking for that can help you eat better, sleep better, manage stress, exceed your fitness goals, and live with more vitality. From our holistic approach to health and fitness, to our unique facilities and experienced and enthusiastic team, there is truly no place like TRUE. We are a Northern Virginia based fitness and wellness business with offerings from Personal Training to Pilates, from Nutrition Coaching to Naturopathy, and from Massage to Acupuncture and more. We serve Arlington, Alexandria, Shirlington, Ballston, Crystal City, Park Fairfax, Fairlington, Del Ray, Old Town, Falls Church, Fairfax, and the greater Washington DC Metro area.
Quickly becoming one of the most popular services at wellness centers across the country, infrared saunas offer many tremendous benefits. Infrared saunas are not as hot as traditional dry heat saunas, but they produce twice the sweat. Because the sweating is so intense, one sitting in the sauna forces the body to burn about 600-800 kcal...the equivalent to running 4-6 miles.
Infrared saunas are also believed to be a great way to cleanse the body of impurities.
Benefits of infrared saunas:*
- Enormous calorie burn
- Passive cardiovascular conditioning
- Reduction of symptoms associated with musculoskeletal conditions such as rheumatism, arthritis, etc.
- Increased extendibility of collagen tissues
- Direct decrease in joint stiffness
- Relief of muscle spasm
- Pain relief
- Increased blood flow - lessening of symptoms associated with poor circulation
- Assistance in the resolution of inflammatory infiltrates, edema (excessive fluid retention) and exudates (substances that ooze from the body)
*As reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association (August 7, 1987) Guyton's Textbook of Medical Physiology and Therapeutic Heat and Cold, 4th Edition, Chapter 9.